IMI Introduces New Rare Earth Magnetic Circuit Options for Processing Facilities
For Immediate Release: Posted On 10/26/2018 By Industrial Magnetics, Inc.
Industrial Magnetics, Inc. introduces the new Opti™ Series of Rare Earth magnetic circuits designed to meet the changing needs and requirements facing today’s processing facilities with regards to various compliance and regulatory initiatives.
The Opti Series addresses new standards for magnet separators set forth in schemas such as FSMA, HACCP, GFSI, BRC, FSSC, and SQF. Each circuit is designed to optimize values which have been identified and earmarked as critical measurements for the specification, purchase, audit, verification and validation requirements for magnetic separation equipment and meets a minimum and measurable threshold of repeatable magnet performance.
IMI’s Compliance Engineer, Ken Gentner, states, "With regard to the stringent and evolving standards around food safety, IMI is the only manufacturer of Foreign Body Detection and Removal equipment certified by HACCP International for the North American market. This distinction validates our commitment for meeting the increasing demands of industry, customers and regulatory agencies."
There are several rare earth circuit configurations in the Opti Series family of 1” OD magnetic circuits, which are available on IMI products including magnetic Grates, Grate Tubes, Drawer-in-Housings and Pneumatic Line Housing separators.
The new designs include:
- Opti-B™ Balanced Rare Earth circuit ideal for abrasive applications, featuring a high-performance blend of 9,500 gauss and 16.7 pounds of pull strength on a 1/2” ball
- Opti-G™ Rare Earth Circuit which optimizes magnetic field at 12,000 gauss
- Opti-H™ HACCP International Food Safety Programme Certification-approved Rare Earth circuit with over 11,000 gauss and 106 oz. of pull strength on a 1/4” ball
- Opti-P™ Rare Earth Circuit which boasts 119 oz. of pull strength on a 1/4" ball
- Opti-T™ High Temperature Rare Earth Circuit with high durability and heat tolerance up to 356°F
For more information on IMI’s new Opti™ Series magnetic circuit designs, visit the company’s Magnetic Grate Tubes webpage, or contact an IMI Product Specialist at 888.582.082.
Back To Press Releases