Large Tube Housing®
Our LTH (Large Tube Housing®) is a powerful magnetic separator that incorporates 3" diameter rare earth tubes into our proven Drawer-in-Housing configurationfor optimum ferrous metal separation for difficult flowing products. These larger tubes are placed in the housing directly below steep angled diverters that prevent product from bridging or building up on the tubes. The spacing between the tubes is much larger than in a traditional housing with 1 inch diameter tubes, allowing for product to flow freely through the housing.
The 52MgOe magnetic circuit achieves 28 lbs. of pull value on a 1/2" ball - the highest value of any 3" circuit available on the market. Combined with a gauss averaging 12,385, our design offers the strongest and most effective solution to capture ferrous pieces, as well as smaller fines and weakly magnetic contaminants from a product flow. As product flows into the top of the housing, it's forced past the tubes by the diverters. This ensures that the product comes in direct contact with a magnet as it travels through the housing.
As ferrous metal passes through the magnetic field, it is held to the tubes and separated from the product. The metal must be cleaned from the tubes on a regular basis to prevent buildup and subsequent wash-off into the product flow.
- Powerful Opti-L™ Large Tube 52 MgOe Rare Earth Circuit - Achieves 28 lbs. of pull value and Over 12,000 Gauss. Designed for optimum reach-out, surface holding strength and durability.
- BUNA Wiper Seals - for removing collected metal
- Compression Spring Assisted Seal Plate
- Stainless Steel Construction
- Food Grade Silicone Gasket Material - for leak resistant operation
- Drawer and/or Guard Lock-Out
- Hinged Rear Access Door with Lock-Out
- Collection Pan for Captured Metal
- Tool Free Guard Removal
- All cylinders include magnetic pistons
- Custom sizes and transitions available
- Housing finish and welding surface treatments
- Two drawer design with 3 or 5 vertically offset tubes
- Nema #9 solenoids (self-cleaning only)
- Other Stainless Steel Grades available
- Hydex® Wiperseals
- Nedox® Coated Tubes - Provides protection from abrasive materials and is self-lubricating to help prevent build-up and galling
- MAGnanoSHIELD® Coated Tubes - FDA compliant, antimicrobial coating that offers 99.9999% microbe resistance to assorted bacteria and fungus strains
Third Party Certifications
Our Sanitary Grade Large Tube Housing Magnets are USDA AMS accepted Dairy, Meat and Poultry magnetic separator processing equipment.