Plate Style T-Trap
Industrial Magnetics, Inc.'s Liquid line T-Traps remove unwanted ferrous and work-hardened stainless contaminants from processing lines. They capture fine ferrous particles that are created by wear of upstream processing equipment and often pass undetected through electronic metal detectors. T-Traps are typically placed in front of pumps, screens and mills to protect vital plant equipment from costly metal damage and system downtime.
Plate Style Liquid Line T-Traps are recommended for low volume applications requiring gentle flow characteristics or for fragile products that may contain long, sinewy items, larger chunks and hard-to-move products such as fruit preserves, cooked meat chunks and cottage cheese.
- 316 stainless steel sanitary construction that meets or exceeds USDA and 3A Standards
- Powerful Rare Earth Magnetic Circuit
- Quick clamp system on magnetic filter cap
- Standard line sizes from 1.5" - 6" (other sizes available)
- Designed for line pressures up to 200 psi (high pressure options available)
- Inlet/Outlet ferrules for clamping (Tri-Clamp and weld ends are standard)
- EPDM Standard Gasket Material (BUNA-N & VITON available)
- Standard maximum operating temperatures of 220°F (104°C)
Installation of the Plate Style magnet can be in any position. For complete body drainage (no sump area), install T-Traps in vertical lines. Installation locations must allow access for cleaning collected metal from the magnet(s). T-Traps can also be mounted in horizontal or sloped lines without affecting the magnetic efficiency.Literature Download: Plate Style T-Trap
|Plate Style Liquid Line T-Trap Dimensions|
|Part Number||Line Size (in)||Length (in)||Body Diameter (in)||Overall Height (in)|
|Single Plate Models (Recommended for low volume applications requiring gentle flow characteristics)|
|Dual Plate Models (Recommended for high volume applications requiring gentle flow characteristics)|