IMI's Ox® Heavy Duty Drawer-in-Housing unit incorporates design elements that are essential for optimum magnetic separation performance in challenging processing conditions such as, ambient temperature and humidity, bridging, abrasion, corrosion or galling.
The Nedox® coating on the drawer's tubes prevents sticking problems associated with certain products and processing conditions. This allows the cleaning operation to function easier than if the tubes were caked with sticky or moist products. The heavy duty Hydex® wiper seals ensure that all collected metal and product residue is wiped free of the tubes without damaging the seals. The cleaning process for the Ox® can be automated with IMI's proven Self-Cleaning design, or it can be accomplished manually with the EZ-Clean design.
Nedox® is a registered trademark of General Magnaplate, Inc.
Magnetic Tube Configuration Options
The Ox Drawer-In-Housings come standard with our 52 Grade Rare Earth Opti-B™ balanced circuit.
- Opti-B™ Balanced Rare Earth circuit ideal for abrasive applications, featuring a high-performance blend of 9,500 gauss and 16.7 pounds of pull strength on a 1/2” ball
- Opti-G™ Rare Earth Circuit which optimizes magnetic field at 12,000 gauss
- Opti-H™ HACCP International Food Safety Programme Certification-approved Rare Earth circuit averaging over 11,000 gauss and 106 oz. of pull strength on a 1/4” ball
- Opti-P™ Rare Earth Circuit which boasts 119 oz. of pull strength on a 1/4" ball
- Opti-T™ High Temperature Rare Earth Circuit with high durability and heat tolerance up to 356°F
- Opti-V™ Durable Tube with a Ceramic Circuit for larger tramp metal removal applications
|Magnetic Grate Tubes Designs, Applications and Specifications|
|Configuration||Application||Magnet||1/4" Ball Pull Values||1/2" Ball Pull Values||Gauss||Durability|
|Opti-B||Balanced||UHI-52™ Rare Earth||95.8 oz. (5.99 lbs.)||267.2 oz. (16.7 lbs.)||9475|
|Opti-G||High Gauss||UHI-55™ Rare Earth||108.3 oz. (6.77 lbs.)||265.6 oz. (16.6 lbs.)||12000|
|Opti-H||HACCP||UHI-55™ Rare Earth||106 oz. (6.63 lbs.)||260.8 oz. (16.3 lbs.)||11175|
|Opti-P||High Pull||UHI-55™ Rare Earth||119.1 oz. (7.44 lbs.)||316.8 oz. (19.8 lbs.)||10539|
|Opti-T||High Temperature||Hi-Temp Rare Earth||60.5 oz (3.78 lbs)||188.3 oz (11.78 lbs)||7240|
|Opti-V||Value||Ceramic||0.5 oz. (0.03 lbs.)||24 oz. (1.5 lbs.)||2320|
Third Party Certifications
Our Sanitary Grade OX® Drawer-In-Housing Magnets, with the Opti-H™ HACCP magnetic circuit, are certified by HAACP International and fully conform to HACCP International's Food Safety Standard (0909MAGSEP 1-2010) for direct contact with food product.
Our Sanitary Grade OX® Drawer-In-Housing Magnets are USDA AMS accepted Dairy, Meat and Poultry magnetic separator processing equipment.