The RotoDrawer™ is a rotary style Drawer-In-Housing Magnet to rid ferrous metal from powder & bulk processed products that have difficult flow characteristics and a tendency to bridge and choke when using traditional, stationary tube style magnetic separators. The magnet is ideal for products that have a higher moisture content or particle size, such as flours, cake mixes or corn starch, and require a high degree of product purity.
The RotoDrawer™ Magnet features a motorized, cylindrical configuration of Rare Earth magnetic tubes on a horizontal plane that continually rotate through a gravity fed product stream. The rotational design of the magnet, as well as our unique splitter bars that serve to further break up any clumps of product, keep the flow moving through the housing while capturing any ferrous metal contamination and purifying the product.
IMI's Rare Earth RotoDrawer™ is available in two different cleaning styles. Our new SimpleClean™ model features an innovative design that makes it easy for the operator to perform routine cleaning of the magnet. The magnetic drawer glides open and rotates into vertical orientation for easy removal and disposal of captured metal, preventing recontamination in the processing line. Our Self-Cleaning model automates the cleaning process and requires little to no operator intervention.
Standard sizes range from 8"x8" to 18"x18" inlets and outlets, with custom designs and sizes available to fit your exact application requirements.
Magnetic Tube Configuration Options
RotoDrawers come standard with our 52 Grade Rare Earth Opti-B™ balanced circuit.
- Opti-B™ Balanced Rare Earth circuit ideal for abrasive applications, featuring a high-performance blend of 9,500 gauss and 16.7 pounds of pull strength on a 1/2” ball
- Opti-G™ Rare Earth Circuit which optimizes magnetic field at 12,000 gauss
- Opti-H™ HACCP International Food Safety Programme Certification-approved Rare Earth circuit averaging over 11,000 gauss and 106 oz. of pull strength on a 1/4” ball
- Opti-P™ Rare Earth Circuit which boasts 119 oz. of pull strength on a 1/4" ball
- Opti-T™ High Temperature Rare Earth Circuit with high durability and heat tolerance up to 356°F
- Opti-V™ Durable Tube with a Ceramic Circuit for larger tramp metal removal applications
|Magnetic Grate Tubes Designs, Applications and Specifications|
|Configuration||Application||Magnet||1/4" Ball Pull Values||1/2" Ball Pull Values||Gauss||Durability|
|Opti-B||Balanced||UHI-52™ Rare Earth||95.8 oz. (5.99 lbs.)||267.2 oz. (16.7 lbs.)||9475|
|Opti-G||High Gauss||UHI-55™ Rare Earth||108.3 oz. (6.77 lbs.)||265.6 oz. (16.6 lbs.)||12000|
|Opti-H||HACCP||UHI-55™ Rare Earth||106 oz. (6.63 lbs.)||260.8 oz. (16.3 lbs.)||11175|
|Opti-P||High Pull||UHI-55™ Rare Earth||119.1 oz. (7.44 lbs.)||316.8 oz. (19.8 lbs.)||10539|
|Opti-T||High Temperature||Hi-Temp Rare Earth||60.5 oz (3.78 lbs)||188.3 oz (11.78 lbs)||7240|
|Opti-V||Value||Ceramic||0.5 oz. (0.03 lbs.)||24 oz. (1.5 lbs.)||2320|